World Snooker Challenge Tour 2019-20
November 2 - November 3
The calendar of events for the
2019-20 Challenge Tour Season
The 2019-20 Challenge Tour will comprise ten events, followed by a play-off. The dates are:
- Event 1: August 31-September 1. Germany – Nuremberg (Ballroom Nürnberg)
- Event 2: September 21-22. England – Newbury (The Crucible Sports & Social Club)
- Event 3: October 5-6. England – Leeds (Northern Snooker Centre)
- Event 4: October 19-20
- Event 5: November 2-3
- Event 6: November 16-17
- Event 7: December 14-15
- Event 8: January 18-19
- Event 9: February 15-16
- Event 10: February 29-Mar 1
- Playoff: March 28-29
The player who finishes top of the Challenge Tour rankings after ten events will be awarded a Tour Card. The next eight players in the rankings with go into a play-off event, with the winner of that event to receive the second Tour Card. The draw for the play-off will be seeded with the player highest in the Challenge Tour rankings drawn against the eighth highest, and so on.
There will be six events in the UK and four in Europe. Snooker clubs and federations will be given the chance to bid to host events. Clubs do not need to use Star tables but those in the UK must be affiliated to the WPBSA’s 147 Club scheme. The prize money for each event will be £10,000.
The field for events will be made up as follows:
• The top 56 players from the 2019 Q School ranking list
• Eight Wildcards, to be selected with the intention to promote the development of grassroots talent
• If necessary, the last-64 round will then be topped up with players on the Q School ranking list
• The top 56 players from the 2019 Q School ranking list. All 56 will be directly entered into the last 64.
• Eight Wildcards, to be selected with the intention to promote the development of grassroots talent.
• An unlimited number of further entrants will compete in pre-qualifying stages, playing down to the available places in the last 64.
The two available World Snooker Tour Cards will be for the 2020-21 and 2021-22 seasons.