Find a snooker club, a coach or an event near you
Snooker news from the heart of the amateur game
Get in touch with Snooker Hub
We [MDBSA] are delighted to announce the details of the 2021 Merseyside Open – sponsored once again by Apollobet
MDBSA Members: £15
Venue: George Scott’s Snooker Club
Sun 14th Nov: Top Half of Draw
Sun 28th Nov: Lower Half of Draw
Sun 12th Dec: Finals
All the entry details are below but please read the very important rules and format below.
1. Dress Code is ‘smart’ i.e trousers/shirt/polo shirt/shoes – any player that turns up wearing trainers, jeans etc will not be allowed to play. The dress code for Semi Finals and Final will be very smart (waistcoat attire)
2. All matches from the Round of 32 onwards will be played over Best of Seven frames. Round of 64 will be Best of Five frames. There will be a plate competition for the first round losers on the day of the Finals.
3. The Merseyside Open is for amateur players only.
4. Covid-19: All players MUST conduct a Covid test the day before their scheduled match and send the photo result to the TD by 10pm on that evening ( lateral flow test provided by NHS will suffice).
Any player that does not provide a test cannot play and will not be refunded their entry fee.
Any player that tests positive, will not be allowed to play but will be refunded their full entry fee.
ONLY A REGISTERED NEGATIVE TEST IS YOUR GUARANTEED ENTRY.
5. The closing date for entries is Tuesday 14th September. The draw will take place on Wednesday 15th September at 1pm. The first 48 entries received will be guaranteed a place in the first round.
The full breakdown of prize money will be announced prior to the draw.
Full rules will also be published prior to start of competition.
Ref: (Your name)
TD: Tony Cook
A selection of snooker accessories, tips, chalk and books available on Amazon